There is plenty of learning planned for your child to access whilst we are closed and they are busy learning at home with you. Look here for learning activities and suggestions.
If you have any questions about the remote learning, please use these new class email addresses to communicate with your class teacher, these email accounts will be checked once a day and teachers will reply (if they are well) following the order they were received. If you have any other concerns please direct them to the school email address which will also be checked regularly.
School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 6 - Home Learning Activities
Dear Year 6 children and parents,
In our Home Learning pack, we have included the areas of the curriculum that will support you the most in preparing for SATs and a Cornerstones project which we know you will enjoy working on. There are enough tasks for two weeks (10 school days).
Each day, Monday to Friday:
1 hour of Power Maths - all of the lessons are revision (the children have already been taught these units of work) from Book C; teaching slides will be on Google Classroom (the answers are attached → mark your own work)
- Problem Solving - place value page 45
- Problem Solving - negative numbers page 48
- Problem Solving - addition and subtraction page 51
- Problem Solving - four operations (1) page 54
- Problem Solving - four operations (2) page 57
- Problem Solving - fractions page 60
- Problem Solving - decimals page 63
- Problem Solving - percentages page 66
- Problem Solving - time (1) and time (2) page 72 and page 75
- Problem Solving - position and direction page 78
30 minutes of Reading Comprehension - one text to read and answer questions about; the text and questions will be on Google Classroom → mark your own work
- There’s no place like home
- Alone together
- Midas and the golden touch
- Jack Frost
- A treacherous portrait
- Festivals around the world
- Down in the sewers
- The call of the wild
A minimum of 20 minutes Accelerated Reader - remember to record your reads in your homework diary and complete a quiz once you have finished one of your books. We will be checking AR records online regularly in order to award house points for completed quizzes.
A minimum of 20 minutes TTRS - look out for the daily and weekly battles
A minimum of 20 minutes Spellodrome - we will be seeing who can get points to award daily and weekly prizes!
10 minutes of Rapid Grammar - do two activities per day → mark your own work - answers will be published on google classroom daily.
I hour of Cornerstones project - teaching slides will be on Google Classroom
- Poles Apart 1 - map work about the Arctic and Antarctic
- Poles Apart 2 - research about the Polar regions
- Icebergs and glaciers - creation of a fact file
- Choose activities from the Home Learning Ideas
You will decide when in the week you will complete these tasks.
Task 1 - 30 minutes timed Arithmetic test → mark your own work
Task 2 - 40 minutes timed Reasoning test → mark your own work
Task 3 - send your teacher a quick email to say how you are doing and with any questions that you have or any aspect of learning that you need help with.
Enjoy your learning. We will miss working with you every day and look forward to seeing you soon. Please message any of the Y6 Team (6JF: Mrs Fallon & Mrs Sweet) 6CP: Mr Priddle & Mrs Randall) via Google Classroom Stream or Gmail if you have any questions - we’re available to help.
Mrs Fallon and Mr Priddle